Employee health and well-being is steadily rising up the business agenda as more employers recognise the benefits and contribution that can be made by introducing workplace health and well-being policies.
Traditionally your Intelligence Quotient (IQ) was thought to be the whole story on how intelligent you are. Years of research and experience tells us that this is not the whole picture. Something more is needed. At a minimum, employees need a degree of self-knowledge and self-control, the ability to stay motivated and face setbacks, and ‘people skills’. Stress is also much more widely recognised as a key factor in employee well-being, and the practice of mindfulness is fast becoming widely used in workplaces around the world as a way of managing emotions and reducing stress and anxiety.
This one day programme introduces participants to the concepts of Emotional Intelligence, Stress Management and Mindfulness, and their capacity to reduce stress and improve emotional well-being in the workplace.
Who is it designed for?
Anyone wanting to learn more about how to manage the emotional well-being of themselves or others in the workplace
How will you benefit?
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Define Emotional Intelligence
- Explain the differences between EQ and IQ
- Assess your own EQ
- Describe the 5 Elements of Emotional Intelligence and explain why they are important to emotional well-being
- Explain what Stress is and how to recognise the signs and symptoms of stress
- Assess your own personality traits that contribute to stress
- Identify factors that can cause stress int he workplace
- List a range of stress management strategies and techniques
- Explain what mindfulness is and its effect on emotional well-being
One-Day Course Content
- Definition of Emotional Intelligence
- The Difference between EQ and IQ
- Assessing your own Emotional Intelligence
- The 5 Elements of Emotional Intelligence
- What is Stress
- Assessing your own personality traits that contribute to stress
- The Stress Response
- The Signs and Symptoms of Stress
- Stress in the Workplace
- Stress Management Strategies and Techniques
- An Introduction to Mindfulness
- The Benefits of Meditation
- Mindfulness Techniques
This is an interactive course. We use exercises, discussion, self-assessment and group work as the basis for the learning.
To request further information please fill in our enquiry form or call us on 01223 837 180.