The Developing Management Skills Course develops the skills and knowledge required to be an effective first line manager
Who is it designed for?
The Developing Management Skills course is designed for recently appointed Supervisors and First Line Managers, or those who have been in post for some time and have had no formal training. It is also appropriate for those people preparing to be promoted into one of these roles.
How will it benefit you?
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Prepare and carry out a development plan for yourself
- Identify customer needs
- Gather, analyse and communicate information effectively
- Set objectives, identify resources required, prepare a plan and monitor progress against the plan
- Establish good working relationships with others
- Assist others to develop and address their performance problems
3-day Course Content
- The role of the manager – includes responsibilties and expectations of the manager
- Self-Management – how to achieve your goals, through target setting, planning and prioritising, time management, monitoring and reviewing performance
- Leading Effectively – leadership styles and behaviours that an effective leader should demonstrate
- Managing People’s Performance – achieving your goals through your team, this includes setting targets, developing people, motivation, delegation, reviewing people’s performance and giving feedback
- Working with others – how to build relationships with customers,colleagues and your manager
- Information and Communication – learn how to communicate effectively, using the appropriate methods and skills, also how to analyse information and make conclusions
- Course Review and Action Planning
The Developing Management Skills course is an interactive course. We use exercises, discussion, self-assessment and syndicate work as the basis for learning.
To request further information please fill in our enquiry form or call us on 01223 837 180.