Conducting a Team Briefing is a key management skill. Providing information is relatively easy, but providing a robust, efficient two-way communication process is not. This one-day course provides participants with both the process and the skills to enable effective communication in conducting a team briefing.
Who is it designed for?
The Conducting a Team Briefing course is designed for supervisors, team leaders and managers who are responsible for carrying out team briefings in the workplace.
How will you benefit?
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Define a team briefing
- List the benefits of a team briefing
- Identify the process of briefing your team and explain why it is important to follow a structured process
- Identify the sources of information for a team briefing
- Explain the 4 P’s and give examples of each
- State what preparation is required prior to a team briefing
- Explain how to deliver an effective team briefing
- List the benefits of gathering feedback and explain how to gather feedback from a team briefing
- State the barriers to conducting effective team briefings and explain how these can be overcome
- Explain how to implement best practice team briefings into your team
One day Course Content
- What is a team briefing
- The team briefing process
- Gathering information
- Preparing for your briefing
- Delivering your team briefing
- Gathering feedback from your team briefing
- Overcoming barriers to an effective team briefing
- Best practice team briefings
- Course review and close
This is an interactive course. We use exercises, discussion, self-assessment and group work as the basis for the learning.
To request further information please fill in our enquiry form or call us on 01223 837 180.