A one-day Communication Skills course to enhance your communication skills to achieve successful outcomes.
Who is it designed for?
The Communication Skills course is designed for managers, heads of department, supervisors and team leaders who need to develop their personal communication skills
How will it benefit you?
By the end of this one day training course, you will be able to:
- Recognise different styles of communication and how to adapt your communication style and method to create understanding and rapport with others
- Reflect on different methods of communication and decide when each is most suitable
- Explain the role of body language and voice tone in effective communication
- Describe how to communicate your message in an effective and engaging way for the recipient
One-day Course Content
Welcome and introduction
Forms and Methods of Communication
- One way versus two way communication
- Process of communication
- Breakdown of communication
- Different communication methods and their effectiveness
- Perceptions and filters
- Appreciating different communication styles
- Identifying our own communication style and preference
- Adjusting to other communication styles
- Practising adjusting to other communication styles
Non Verbal Communication
- Voice tone and projection
- First impressions and building rapport
- Non Verbal Communication
- Body language
- Active and reflective listening
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
This is an interactive course. We use exercises, discussion, self-assessment and group work as the basis for the learning.
To request further information please fill in our enquiry form or call us on 01223 837 180.