This one-day introductory practical train the trainer programme covers the essentials of designing and delivering a practical training session on a one to one, or small group basis in the workplace.
Programme duration: One day
Maximum delegates: 10
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Describe how people learn
- Identify the structure of a practical training session
- State the key components of the Attention phase and explain why they are important
- Identify the key components of the Breakdown phase and state how to carry out a task analysis for a practical training session
- State why it is important to encourage involvement in a practical training session, and explain how this can be achieved
- Identify the key components of the Check phase and explain why it is important to check the effectiveness of the training
- How people learn
- The structure of a practical training session
- Attention phase
- Breakdown phase – Task Analysis
- Breakdown phase – Involving trainees with practising the task and question techniques
- Check phase
- Wrap up
This one-day train the trainer programme is informal and highly participative with active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises and group work. If you would like an opportunity to practice the skills of delivering a practical training session please refer to our Intermediate or Advanced practical training programmes for further information.
To request further information please fill in our enquiry form or call us on 01223 837 180.