This practical train the trainer programme covers detailed knowledge of how to design and deliver a practical training programme, two opportunities to practice the skills of practical training, one to one coaching and detailed feedback on performance.
Programme Duration: 5 days
Maximum delegates: 6
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of training and development
- Identify learning needs and explain how to close the performance gap
- Describe how people learn
- Identify the structure of a practical training session
- State the key components of the Attention phase and explain why they are important
- Identify the key components of the Breakdown phase and state how to carry out a task analysis for a practical training session
- State why it is important to encourage involvement in a practical training session, and explain how this can be achieved
- Identify the components of the Check phase and explain why it is important to check the effectiveness of the training
- Explain what preparation is required and why preparation is important to a practical training session
- Describe the benefits of feedback and why feedback is important
- Demonstrate the skills of good training practice in a safe environment
- The benefits of training and development
- Identifying learning needs
- How people learn
- Structuring a practical training session
- Attention phase
- Breakdown phase – task analysis
- Breakdown phase – involving trainees with practising the task and questions
- Check phase
- Training small groups
- Preparation for training
- Feedback skills
- Delegate practice sessions
- Wrap up
This five-day masterclass train the trainer programme is informal and highly participative with active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and practice sessions. Delegate will receive one to one coaching and detailed feedback on their training skills.
There is the option of accrediting this train the trainer programme through People 1st. Please see our Practical Training Certificate section for further information.
To request further information please fill in our enquiry form or call us on 01223 837 180.