This group train the trainer programme covers the fundamentals of designing and delivering a group training session, with the addition of two opportunities to practice the skills of group training in a safe environment, and to get feedback on performance.
Programme Duration: 3 days
Maximum delegates: 5
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Identify two training activities and write objectives that are appropriate for a group training session
- Plan accurate training sessions with support materials that reflect real practice and include appropriate information
- Carry out two interactive training sessions at a pace and sequence that maximises learning
- Provide constructive feedback to learners following practice sessions
- How people learn
- Writing an Instructional Objective
- Structuring training – Introduction, Development and Consolidation
- Using visual aids
- Handling groups
- Preparation for training
- Increasing partcipation
- Delegate practice sessions
- Wrap up
This three-day train the trainer programme is informal and highly participative with active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and practice sessions. Please note this is a challenging course, and involves homework each evening in preparation for the training practice sessions.
There is the option of accrediting this train the trainer programme with People 1st. Please see the Group Training Certificate section for further information
To request further information please fill in our enquiry form or call us on 01223 837 180.