This group train the trainer programme covers detailed knowledge of how to design and deliver a group training programme, two opportunities to practice the skills of group training, one to one coaching and detailed individual feedback on performance.
Programme duration: 5 days
Maximum delegates: 5
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of training and development
- Identify learning needs and explain how to close the performance gap
- Describe how people learn
- Identify the three levels of group development and explain how to handle different characters in a group
- Write an Instructional Objective for a group training session
- Identify the structure of a group training session and why this structure is important
- Explain the skills of good question technique, and handling the answers
- Identify types of visuals that can be used in a group training session, and explain why visual aids are important
- Explain what preparation is required and why preparation is important to a group training session
- Describe the benefits of feedback and why feedback is important
- Explain how to increase participation in a group training session
- Demonstrate the skills of good training practice in a safe environment
- The benefits of training and development
- Identifying learning needs
- How people learn
- Handling groups
- Writing an instructional Objective
- Structuring training – Introduction, Development and Consolidation
- Questioning techniques
- Using visual aids
- Preparation for training
- Feedback skills
- Increasing participation with syndicates and exercises
- Delegate practice sessions
- Wrap up
This five-day masterclass programme is informal and highly participative with active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and practice sessions. Delegates will receive one to one coaching and detailed feedback on their training skills.
There is the option of accrediting this train the trainer programme with People 1st. Please see the Group Training Certificate section for further information.
To request further information please fill in our enquiry form or call us on 01223 837 180.